FACILITIES AT PORT
Oil Terminals (BD1 & BD3)
- First Oil berth at Bharathi Dock-I commissioned in 1972 can handle tankers up to 160,000 DWT
- Second Oil Berth at Bharathi Dock-III commissioned in 1986 can handle tankers up to 140,000 DWT
- Maximum LOA of Tankers Berthed at BD - I & BD - III - 280.4m (920 ft).
- Minimum LOA of the ship so far Berthed at BD - I - 108.15m.
- Minimum LOA of the ships berthed at BD - III - 149M. or 488 ft.
- Rated Capacity - 32.4 Million Tonnes Per Annum
- Installed with 5 Marine Loading Arms at BD - I and 6 Marine Loading Arms at BD - III. Berths laid with 762 mm (30") dia pipelines for conveying Crude, 500 mm (20") dia pipeline for conveying White Oil Product and 350 mm (14") dia pipelines for conveying Furnace Oil.
- Separate Pipelines for Crude, Furnace Oil, White Oil Products, Deballasting, Tower Monitor, Fire Hydrant and Fresh Water
- Service Lines for LDO Bunker, Furnace Oil Bunker and Lubricant Oil Bunker
- The facilities include pumping at the rate of 3000 Tonnes per hour for Crude oil and 1000 Tonnes per hour for Petroleum Products.
- Provision of Oil reception facilities in accordance with MARPOL convention for receiving oily ballast, sludge and slop.
- Both the jetties are equipped with fire monitors
- There is a separate fire fighting pump house with diesel and electrically driven pumps to supply fire hydrant and tower monitors.
Container Terminal (CTB 1, CTB 2, CTB 3, CTB 4 ) CCTPL (Terminal - I) ---- Quay Length - 885m, Depth - 13.5-15m, Ground Slots - 3960, Yard Capacity - 0.85 Million TEUs/Year, Reefer Plugs - 355, Quay Cranes - 7, RTG's - 22, ICD Trains - Daily.
Container Terminal - 2 (M/s Chennai International Terminal Pvt.Ltd)
Berths - SCB1, SCB2, SCB3 CITPL (Terminal - II) ---- Quay Length - 832m, Depth - 15m, Ground Slots - 3917, Yard Capacity - 1.2 M TEUs/year, Reefer Plugs - 304, Quay Cranes - 7, RTG's - 18, ICD Trains - Daily.
|1||DIESEL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE||7||